deadliest deadline

meandering thoughts on the beat

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

to my son

To my beautiful Anton, When I first learned you were coming into my life, I was so happy. I cried and prayed to God to thank Him for giving you to me. I was afraid a little that I would not be able to provide for you adequately. But please understand that this is normal for men who are expecting the birth of their children. Please be reassured that Daddy will give you everything you need and will try his best to give you everything you want. Daddy and Mommy had a hard life growing up. I made a promise to myself to give you a better life for you Anton, better than my own. Sometimes, I fear for you, my dearest child. I fear I am bringing you into a world full of evil, greed, and hate. When you come out, I know you will see a lot of ugly things. But fear not, Daddy will do his best to keep you from these things so you can grow up to be a very good boy. Daddy wants you to be strong emotionally, yet still sensitive. I hope I can teach you to be independent, but still close to family. I want you to appreciate what you have and not focus on what you don’t or can’t have. I want to teach you that hard work and a good education will take you somewhere. I want to teach you about the consequences of your actions, and let you make you own choices. Everyday, Daddy and Mommy try to make a world a better place to live in for you, even in our own small little way. It’s been tough, I don’t even know if we make any difference at all. But I don’t mind. I hope that when you grow older, you too will try to make the world a better place, for yourself or your love ones. I assure you, it makes for a life really worth living. Everyday, I say a quiet prayer for your safety and health. I promised God that if He delivers you to me safely, I will do my best to raise you the way He would have wanted to and to always thank Him for all our blessings. One day, you will probably fly away from your Mommy and Daddy. If this happens, I want you to know that Daddy and Mommy will always be there for you if you need us. One day, I know you will be old enough to read this. Do you know that as I write this, you are still inside Mommy’s tummy? This early, I want you to know that Mommy and Daddy love you very very much. Alcuin

3 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 04:48:00 AM, Blogger november showers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/25/2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Alcuin Papa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/21/2006 11:54:00 PM, Blogger andrea's corner said...

I'm so glad you finally have Anton in your life. I can't wait to see him. Ganon talaga ang buhay, kuya, so uncertain. But may you rest assured that God is in full control of our lives. We just have to trust in Him for everything. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home