12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do to Help Our Country
A spirited discussion in one of the automotive forums i am a member of spurred me to Google Alex Lacson's list. I had actually met the guy when i was in college and he struck me as a nice, easy-going guy. Shy and quiet, he is the type who never says anything bad about anyone. for more details, readers can Google his name and find out the inspiring story of how his book "12 Things You Can Do to Help Our Country" came about.
- Follow traffic rules. Follow the law.
- Whenever you buy or pay for anything, always ask for an official receipt.
- Don’t buy smuggled goods. Buy Local. Buy Filipino.
- When you talk to others, especially foreigners, speak positively about us and our country.
- Respect your traffic officer, policeman and soldier.
- Do not litter. Dispose your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve.
- Support your church.
- During elections, do your solemn duty.
- Pay your employees well.
- Pay your taxes.
- Adopt a scholar or a poor child.
- Be a good parent. Teach your kids to follow the law and love our country.